Pomeroon Coffee is the rarest, sweetest and most aromatic coffee known, occupying less than 1% of the World market. Its rarity is due to low yields and thus high production costs, which are of little interests to large commercial companies mass-producing coffee.
- Variety is Caffea Liberica
- Introduced in early 20th Century to replace Caffea Arabica, cultivar Typica
- Over the century grown along the Banks of the Pomeroon River, it has developed its unique characteristics from the tannin-rich soils there
- Unlike the small beans of Asia’s Liberica, Pomeroon coffee beans have evolved to a larger bean similar to the evolution of Typica to the increased-sized bean, Maragogipe, in Brazil.
What We Offer
Roasted Coffee Beans
Because of the limited shelf-life of ground coffee beans, it is preferable that coffee shops and other large consumers purchase roasted beans and do grinding in-house and when needed.
APFI will custom roast to the Customer’s preference. For those businesses featuring varieties of coffee, APFI can offer a limited amount depending on varieties in stock.
APFI roasts to a Full City darkness intended to optimize both flavor and taste and grinds to coarseness for French Press brewing. French Pressing provides consumers real coffee taste and aroma with the convenience of instant coffee.
Green Coffee Beans
For large Customers who wish to control the entire process, coffee green beans are available.
Let’s Drip & Sip
A Coffee Lover’s Gift Box that includes:
- Two (2) 250g packs of Amy’s Pomeroon Coffee (Regular & Mocha)
- Ceramic Pour-Over Percolator (with Reusable Filter)
Now Available in the Banks DIH Duty Free Shop at the Cheddi Jagain International Airport (CJIA)
Coffee cherries are produced in the rich tannin banks of the Pomeroon River, Guyana. The original variety, Liberica, introduced in early 20th Century, has changed, not by man hands, but by nature. As would be expected, any variety would adapt to its surroundings over a lengthy period. And Pomeroon Liberica has gotten better.
To extract the best from coffee beans requires understanding roast times and temperatures, density and moisture, pressure and airflow. Indeed, the Roast is the most important function in the conversion of coffee cherries to a pleasurable and enjoyable brew. For this, APFI uses some of the most advanced equipment of its kind in the world.