APFI’s factory is located at Liliendaal, Guyana and houses it storage bins and bays, processing equipment, and offices.
APFI’s factory has the capacity to provide both local and regional export markets. It has the most sophisticated roasting and grinding equipment in the Country as part of its operations which features include:
- Turkish coffee processing experience and expertise
- 24 tons of coffee green bean storage bins
- Redundant power and backup systems
- Custom roasting (City, Full City, Vienna, French, Italian etc.) on request
- International roasting and cupping expertise
- 8-position grinding machine defining coarseness
- 10 ton storage bay for finished goods
- Electronically profiled toasting
- Home and business packs
- Air tight packaging from triple materials (PET/AL/PE) with one-way valve
- Taste and aroma protection after opening package with tin-tie closure strips
- Cupping and tasting practices on new roasts
- Semi-automatic packaging
- Climate controller factory
- Country-wide distribution
Sourcing our Coffee
Coffee cherries are produced in the rich tannin banks of the Pomeroon River, Guyana. The original variety, Typica, introduced by the Dutch almost three centuries earlier has changed, not by man hands, but by nature. As would be expected, any variety would mutate to adapt to its surroundings over such a lengthy period.
And Pomeroon Typica has gotten better.
APFI pays upstream processors (washing, pulping, fermenting, drying and hulling) located in the River, premium prices for the beans that they produce from hand-picked cherries. These are transported to its factory located at Liliendaal, Georgetown for downstream processing (roasting, grinding and packaging). For blending, APFI obtains the Mundo Novo variety from Santos, Brazil.
These are high quality beans formed by combining the original varieties to the Region, Typica and Bourbon, the latter being introduced to French Guiana from the Island of Bourbon, now renamed Reunion.
To extract the best from coffee beans requires understanding roast times and temperatures, density and moisture, pressure and airflow. Indeed, the Roast is the most important function in the conversion of coffee cherries to a pleasurable and enjoyable brew.
For this, APFI uses a Toper TKMSX 10 Roaster with programmable profile settings, one of the most advanced equipment of its kind in the World. By roasting based on these settings, consistency is guaranteed with computer accuracy and under the watchful supervision of the Company’s trained Roaster.
APFI’s International Coffee Consultants, Boot Coffee of California, performs cupping & accreditation of our roasting profiles which lends the optimal taste and aroma to our coffee beans.